Monday, January 9, 2012

A word about my kitchen

April here again!  I just wanted to a share a few of the self imposed rules in my kitchen.  I hate clutter.  (I think I got this from my Mom)  If there is something on my counter it has to serve a purpose!!  That does not mean I have not found a way to make my utilitarian way pretty.  Check out some of my kitchen spaces.
Yes I have a dresser and mirror in my kitchen.  I picked up this duo at a tag sale for $20.  I imagine it spent many years in a little girls room but after a quick paint job and a little roughing up it sits in my kitchen.  I usually serve a signature drink on this dresser out of my grandmothers punch bowl.  It also holds appetizers and plates nicely when I'm entertaining.

When the new year hits so do new resolutions!  We are trying to eat more fruit so I filled up this wire basket on my countertop to encourage us all to grab a piece more frequently.


Stephanie and I both have incorporated this idea!  This cute silver tray has seasonings for dinner.  I have a pepper mill, silver salt and pepper shakers, a container for sea salt and one for sugar.  Stephanie and I are crazy for vintage silver!!  You can pick it up anywhere for no money at all, and we think it adds a touch of sparkle to any space while giving a nod to the past. 

So that is it for counter clutter!  All my appliances are neatly tucked in the drawers below my cooktop.  If I had to have my appliances out on my counter I would edit what I have even more.


As for my island...  The only thing I like to see are my kids faces.  I have my hand soap, lotion, and dishsoap organized in a silver canaster by my sink, and once in a while I pick up some fresh flowers at the grocery store.  I do love fresh flowers but none today!

Stephanie is hard at work over at her house.  Our kids go back to school tomorrow after what we have called the cruel joke of a Christmas break.(We thought it might never end)  We can't wait to show you the new fabric and paint she is introducing to her dinette area.

No comments: