Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jill's Dinning room color inspiration!

So I have just been reading my past blog posts and I'm mortified by all the typing errors!!!!  You would think I have been texting these posts.  I hope you can forgive me and love me anyway!
I'm in the middle of painting my office and my house is falling down around me.  The only person I let in is Stephanie as I have to because she is my running buddy and I know she won't judge.  That being said I can't show you any pictures of my messy house so I will show you some of my sisters dining room.  We are in the final stages of a great makeover.  The feeling we are shooting for is fresh, young, hip, and of coarse unique.  There is nothing worse than having a room that looks like everyone elses.  Check out a few progress pics.  I will give the grand finale when we get it put back together.

This is my color inspiration!!  My favorite coat.  Can you see the button falling off and how dirty it is?  That is true love!!

Step 1 we painted the top of the chair rail white and the bottom kelly green (coat color)

Step 2 we stenciled the bottom of the chair rail with the white color .

It is shaping up nicely!  I just want to stand and stare at it.  Does anyone else do that?
Last peek!  All the furniture in this room is getting painted and we are introducing some great new fabric!  You will pass out when you see the before and after pics.  Well you will at least see a big difference.  I hope to show you the final result this week!

1 comment:

Shab 2 Fab said...

Where did you get the large stencil? Love it.