Sunday, March 18, 2012

Entryway walls

This blog request is for Darci.  We all have those awkward little walls that present a design challenge in our homes.  Darci mentioned she was battling her entryway so I thought I would share a picture of mine since I just relocated a large mirror and I'm in love with the results.  I hope this offers a spark for you to address your own awkward space.

This large mirror made it feel like the small wall that I constantly worked at was eliminated!


 
I added drapes to frame out my front office.  I think it adds visual interest and of coarse you know how I love the layered look.

I bought this marble table for $30 at a thrift store.  Stephanie gave me that trophy for a birthday, I love it!  I wish I could find 10 more.  The crystal lamp is also vintage I just added the glass beaded shade which was on clearance this spring at pottery barn.

I finally can look out my window and see color!  That means we will be moving outside soon.  I'm in search of that perfect new umbrella and maybe some new pillows for the patio.  This week the tile guy is coming to update my family room fireplace.  I hope that does not disappoint you.  I love to try do it yourself projects but my hubby drew the line at tile.  I can't blame the guy!  Can't wait to show you the finished project.





2 comments:

Jaysi said...

What paint color is on your walls? I really like it. Getting ready to paint our house and I need some inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! Thank you for the ideas. I love the ideas and the fact that you are able to accomplish them in a cost effective way.

Darci