Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little girls room




Brynn is my little 8 year old girlie girl.  She has started asking for a "big girl room"!  I have put her off for 1 more year but her cute little girl room is one of my favorites and I will never forget the time we spent together reading books or playing babies in this room.

I bought this bed on a antique outing with Stephanie.  Brynn was still in her crib but I could imagine her sleeping in this adorable bed.  I hung sheer drapes behind the bed which I think just adds another layer of texture.  I love the layered look on a bed.  I have pb kids mixed with target and they blend great!




I'm sure you will never guess where I picked this little bench up?  Thats right vintage thrift find.  $20 I thought for that price I could find a use for it.  I painted it pink and recovered the seat.

The inspiration for this accent wall came from a t-shirt I found online.  I love the simplicity of it.  (because that means I could copy it and paint it on the wall.)  Dresser was a freebee from Brad's Mom.






Here is a close up in case you want to try it out yourself.



We have adopted the slogan of the U.S. postal service.  "If it fits it ships"  Stuffed animals and babies have to fit in these 2 bins.  If a new addition would like to come in a old one needs to go to a little girl who has less than we do.  
These are just off the rack drapes that I added some trim to.  I bought the trim at Hancock.
Brynn's Bathroom


All the essentials are kept on a silver tray and I placed a small lamp on her counter in place of a night light.


Well I hope I have not blinded you with all the pink!!  I think I went a little crazy when I got to decorate a little girls room for the first time.  I wonder what the big girl room will look like???  The future bed is already sitting in my basement.  It is of coarse vintage and of coarse it was cheep cheep cheep so I could not pass it up.  Until next time...

No comments: