Monday, March 5, 2012

Anthro lamp shade DIY


Good Monday Morning friends! What a crazy weekend I have had. The kids activities consumed us and I would kill for a cup of coffee right now!!!(Gave it up for Lent) Mom if you are reading this I promise I will call you today, I did not fall off the face of the earth. So I did manage to squeak in one small project and I love the way it turned out. I have been in love with all the ruffle lampshades at Anthro for quite some time but there is no way I could bring home a lampshade that cost $200!! I have seen many bloggers attempt to make their own and of coarse if they can do it I can do it!! And you know what that means? You can do it too! Take a gander at my step by step.
                                         






























Here is the Lampshade I'm redoing.  I like it, but I'm tired of the navy trim.  I tried to rip it off but I could see that it would ruin the shade so in an effort to not have a color commitment I'm adding burlap ruffle.


                                                                                                                                                                   
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    


Cut a whole bunch of strips of burlap 2x the length of your shade.   I know I'm not being very scientific but thats not how I roll.  I did not even measure to make sure the strips were the same width, I just started cutting.


Find the middle thread and just start pulling on it.  Like magic a ruffle will form out of your strip of burlap.  

                               
One strip down only a million more to go.  Not really but it feels like it right now.
Just keep glueing glueing glueing.
Trim all the stray string you see as you go.  It is looking cool already which makes me keep going.
Done and done!  I love it.  I think it looks better than the one in the store and it only was $8.00 worth of burlap instead of $200!  

No comments: