Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quick Fixes

Pardon the long pause in our blog postings.  We are back in the swing of things after a wonderful weekend with family and friends.  I got to meet my new niece Marie and enjoy some quality time with my  sister and brother in law Pam and John.  This Blog post is for my sister Jill.  She requested some quick fix ideas to use in her house.  So here you go Jill.  


If you have dark lamp shades (which I do during the winter months) try switching them out to a light shade.  You can also trim out your shade with a few strips of ribbon or fringe from the fabric store.  This small change will make a big impact in a matter of minutes.

Rearrange your furniture and take a trip to your local thrift store.  Don't be afraid to relocate furniture that does not fit into your new arrangement.  Don't worry it can always come back!  My hubby calls this shopping in the basement. (which I do regularly)  Check out my latest thrift find!  That little side table to the left of my couch was $6!!  I painted it white and painted the knob silver.  I love the way it looks in my family room.

Switch out your pillows.  It really is amazing what a quick change in your throw pillows can do for your room!  My color obsession for spring is kelly green.  It is the rage for fashion and for home decor.
It is amazing how many options we have for fabric now.  I remember saving up to be able to get a few yards of fabric that everyone had because there were limited choices.  Now you can go on line and your options are limitless!  You just need to be able to sew a straight line, then stuff your old pillows inside of the new one.  

Talk about a quick fix!!  This room came together with 1 quart of raspberry colored paint.  My daughter got her very own play room after my tween son took over the bonus room for his own retreat!  More on his room later.  The back accent wall is a stencil and the side matching tables are from Target.  They were $14.  Brynn is thrilled to have her own space to watch movies and play dolls with her friends.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love it!! Thanks for the quick and easy ideas! Easy... I love that word when it comes to decorating my house, otherwise it would never get done :) I need you guys to come walk around my house, I know you could change it for the better very quickly!