Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Small space with a big personality

Take one step into my powder bath and you will see that I have done everything in my power to give my tiny little bathroom a little pizzaz!  This bathroom is a hot spot in my house.  It is the only bathroom on my main level so it has a revolving door for neighborhood kids and frequent visitors.  I wanted to make this room pop and hold up to heavy traffic at the same time.  So I went for it with a bold wallpaper!  My Mom tells me all the time that I'm brave in my decorating choices.  I know she really thinks I'm crazy.  She couldn't believe I was adding wallpaper to my new house, and in a pattern she would have never chosen. She tells me all the time how much she loves it now, and I couldn't agree more.  Do something brave (even crazy) in your home.  You will be so happy you did!
The small hallway to my powder bath


I found this little sign at pottery barn for under $10


The colors in this wallpaper speak to the family room just outside this door.




I love this mirror and glass shelf combo!  Both are from  Pottery Barn.


These are my doorknobs.  I love the little bit of shine they add.  The neighborhood kids say we have diamond doorknobs. (I wish!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April and Stephanie,
I love your blog and it is giving me great decorating ideas. I really need to hire you to help with me with both homes. You are both so creative and have such a great eye for things.
Martha