Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring is in the air!





The minute ash Wednesday comes around I go to the basement to start digging in the Easter bins.  This weekend I started doing my spring decorating.  I thought I would post a few pictures to get everyones creative juices flowing.  Maybe you will start bringing out some of your spring decorations today?



I nestled my chocolate look alike bunnies in paper grass.  I prefer the colors and the way the paper looks over the plastic grass.  You will find the paper grass in the same isle.  I bought this bag at Hobby Lobby.  The runner on my table is brown craft paper.  I bought a huge roll of it off the sale wall at Anthropology for $9.00  I can have many dinners and still have paper left over.  
My Mother in Law gave me this cloche for Christmas with a vintage santa inside.  I traded Santa for a bunny.  Everything looks special under a cloche.  Buy at least one for your home.  I have seen them everywhere now.  Hobby Lobby, T.J. Max, Marshals, and every other craft store.
Pile eggs together in whatever container you can find.  Maybe even something from your kitchen like a beautiful bowl.  I have been know to nestle little bird nests in tea cups or set them out on a saucer.  Be creative with items and use utilitarian items in unexpected ways. 

The chocolate Easter bunny is a long time tradition in my family.  Every year my Mom made sure we all had a chocolate bunny in our basket Easter morning.  This table scape is a nod to that tradition.  This is my little family depicted in bunnies.  The baby bunnies are $3.99 at Hobby Lobby and they have %40 off all Easter decor right now.  Go see if you can make your own family of bunnies.

I could not pass up this pillow at Pottery Barn last week.  I mean look at those colors.  They fit perfectly into my family room.  I love the way this bunny looks next to my brown ticking pillow.  The pillow was $29.50.
This guy has been in my collection for many years.  I love that he is not covered in pastel colors so he fits in anywhere.    Right now he is in my entryway.  
I normally keep my kitchen counters clean of decor but for some reason this bunny found his way onto my coveted counter space.  I love looking at him as I walk into my kitchen.

That is it for now.  There will be more to come from Jane & Mary as the Lenten season continues.  My sister Jill has given up her dinning room for a complete Jane & Mary transformation.  You won't believe your eyes when you see these before and after pictures!!  I might be moving in with Jill and sleeping in her dinning room.








No comments: